If you play disc golf you already know how important it is to have a high quality disc golf bag in which to carry your discs and other equipment. However, if you are new to the sport of disc golf, or if you are looking to upgrade from a backpack or other carrying device, the following article may prove very useful.
Here we have provided reviews for several of the most popular and best selling disc golf bags currently on the market, and we have highlighted the pros and cons associated with each product. We have also included a Disc Golf Bag Buying Guide, in which we will explain in detail the various characteristics you should look for—and the factors you should consider—before buying one of these useful items.
Best Disc Golf Bags for the Money (2018 – 2019)
|Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag||from $69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag - Brown||$42.99||Buy on Amazon|
|NutSac Disc Golf Bag||from $44.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Bag - Fits Up to 18+ Discs and Four Putters – Introductory Disc...||from $39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack Disc Golf Bag||from $124.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2019-07-17 at 02:23 / Affiliate disclaimer / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag
With the ability to hold up to 16 discs at a time, the Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag is the largest disc golf bag on our list of products. Featuring a deep top zippered pocket, it has never been easier to retrieve just the right disc for your distance and shot type. Extremely roomy, the bag has the ability to carry everything you need for both practices and competitions. The main compartment alone holds 16 discs, and the large top-sitting zippered pockets and internal mesh are the perfect compartments for some of your extras—things like towels, rain gear, powder, drinks, snacks and more.
The Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag comes equipped with two large side mounted bottle holders that are the perfect size for water, energy drinks, soda and the occasional libation. Stylish and durable, the bag will not only be the talk of your local disc golf course, it will also guarantee you years of trusty service. The bag measures 19 inches by 11 inches by 9 inches, and the bottle holders can hold up to two 32-ounce water bottles with ease—one for you and one for your playing partner. The Sniper Backpack is a great starter bag for someone looking to upgrade from a regular backpack or shoulder strap bag, and with plenty of space you’ll have room for all the creature comforts on the course—comforts you may have lacked before. Overall, this one gets our pick for best disc golf backpack.
- Budget Friendly. The Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag is one of the most budget-friendly bags of its kind given its large size.
- Large. The main compartment of the Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag can hold up to 16 discs—a capacity that can truly help improve your game.
- Dual water bottles. With dual water bottle holders on this bag, you can have one drink for the front nine and one for the back, or bring an extra drink to share with your playing partner.
- Can Tip. Although intended to be flat-bottomed, the Dynamic Discs Sniper Disc Golf Bag has a tendency to tip when left to its own devices.
- Durability Issues. Some have complained about zipper issues and problems with ripping and tearing with this disc golf bag.
Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag
One of the lightest products of its kind, the Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag weighs a mere 20 ounces, meaning it will never wear you out when carrying it on the course. The bag is roomy, with the ability to hold 15 discs in its various compartments, giving golfers plenty of discs to choose from when selecting for distance or weather conditions. Made for everyday play and priced to sell, the disc golf bag has two putter front pockets that are great for holding smaller discs. The convenient side pockets are raised away from the bottom of the bag to ensure they don’t drag on the ground and/or wear around the edges—a problem that occurs a lot with some other bags.
The underside of the Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag is equipped with four small rubber feet. This is very crucial; as it helps the bag to stay upright when placed on the ground, and allows golfers to leave their bag open without worrying about spilling the contents. The one-liter water bottle holder on the side makes for a convenient place to store one’s beverage; and the mini marker pocket is the perfect way to store your scorecard and writing implement, ensuring that every stroke is counted and recorded properly. The Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag is available in 6 different colors, and because of its lightweight design you may even forget you are wearing it.
- Stable. The four integrated rubber feet integrated into the bottom of the Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag translates to a bag that is very stable and secure when on the ground.
- Insulated. The insulated beverage pouch on this disc golf bag works wonders for keeping cold drinks icy cold and hot beverages piping hot.
- 6 colors. Those who purchase the Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag can choose between 6 vibrant colors to match their preferences and style.
- Modest Size. The Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag is not the largest disc golf bag on the market, but made for personal use only.
- No slots. There are no separation slots in the disc pouches of the Fade Gear Crunch Disc Golf Bag, which can make it difficult to retrieve a disc when you need it most.
NutSac Disc Golf Bag
Although it is highly doubtful your mother would approve of the name, the NutSac Disc Golf Bag is a great starter bag for anyone just getting into the sport of disc golf. Although this disc golf bag is very small by comparison—with a carrying capacity of about 6-7 discs—it does allow players to carry only the most important discs—the discs they most frequently use—while leaving behind some of the more unnecessary ones in their arsenal. This translates to less weight in the bag and an easier bag to carry between holes.
The NutSac Disc Golf Bag is minimal, lightweight and extremely comfortable, and users say it wears very easily and provides a stable place for their discs. The disc golf bag also looks great. Crafted out of the very same Cannonball canvas used by popular work clothes manufacturers, the bag is available in a number of vivid colors to match your style. The bag is tough and durable, crafted entirely in the United States of America and bearing the US seal of approval; and it carries a Lifetime Guarantee against defects.
- Durable. Made from tough and solid Cannonball Canvas, the NutSac Disc Golf Bag is one of the most durable disc golf bags currently on the market.
- Lightweight. The material and design of this minimal disc golf bag makes it very compact and lightweight.
- Lifetime Guarantee. Made in the USA, the NutSac Disc Golf Bag comes with a no-questions-asked lifetime guarantee against any defects caused by normal wear or use.
- Small. Those looking for a large roomy bag in which to carry 10 or more discs should look elsewhere.
- No extras. There are no added benefits to the NutSac Disc Golf Bag—no equipment pockets, no water bottles and no feet to keep the bag upright on the ground.
Disc Golf Bag Buying Guide
When shopping for your first—or next—disc golf bag there are many characteristics you should look for and some important factors to consider. To help you select just the right bag for your unique situation and preferences, below we have highlighted some of those considerations.
How many discs can the disc golf bag carry? This is perhaps the most important consideration. If you are new to the game and have yet to acquire a good number of discs, you may be able to get away with a smaller bag, one that is also probably lighter and a bit less expensive. However, if you are a seasoned player, with 12 or more discs, you should select a disc golf bag that can hold these discs easily. You may also want to get one that has slots for your individual discs. This will help you retrieve the right one each time without always digging through your bag.
Apart from having the proper amount of disc capacity, you will also want a disc golf bag with just the right amount of storage capacity for your other gear and extras. Some bags are large and roomy enough to accommodate a sweatshirt or rain gear, along with all of your disc golf equipment, while others are very minimal in nature and thus a bit more budget friendly.
When it comes to disc golf bags, some have a water bottle holder and some do not; and we recommend you skip over the latter. A water bottle holder is a very convenient addition to any disc golf bag, and it might be a lifesaver on those hot summer afternoons. Some bags even have two water bottle holders. While this may seem like a bit of overkill, it does help to balance the bag out evenly while also providing a place to put two drinks—one for the front nine and one for the back nine.
When we speak of stability in terms of a disc golf bag, we are talking about how well the bag can stand up on its own when placed on the ground—an important consideration if you do not want to spend your day picking up the spilled contents of your bag. We recommend you look for a bag with integrated rubber or plastic feet at the bottom of the bag, as these are much more stable than those disc golf bags without this feature.
Shoulder Strap Style vs. Backpack Style
Disc golf bags come in two varieties: those with a shoulder strap and the type made into a backpack. Although the backpack disc golf bags are much easier to carry, they also require you to set your bag down every time you need a new disc. With the shoulder strap style, you can actually reach in and retrieve a disc as you walk. In the end, backpack vs. shoulder strap is really more a matter of preference than it is quality, but seeing that you will have to remove the bag anyway in order to throw the disc, we recommend going with the easier to carry backpack style.
Finally, if you live in, or plan to play in areas that are often wet and rainy, you may want to choose a disc golf bag that is at least water resistant (most are not totally waterproof). Made from vinyl and other manmade fabrics, these types of bags can help keep your discs and gear dry on wet and rainy days. If you do not opt for a bag that is water resistant, you can always buy a rain cover for your disc golf bag, which will help keep your gear covered and protected on damp courses.